Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical 2016 is a digital prototyping software designed specifically to meet the requirements and needs of electric engineers. The software combines typical AutoCAD features and is added with specific electric features.
What are specific features of Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical 2016?
Every AutoCAD product is developed for specific needs of every industry or profession as architects, electrical engineers or professional constructors. The software provides:
Electrical documentation tools – apart from modeling, testing and evaluating the electrical networks the software allows to instantly and automatically generate electrical documentation meeting the industry standards. Thus minimizing your time and efforts for task delivery.
Smart electrical panel layout – ensures great productivity providing all necessary tools for creation and testing of electrical networks at hand.
Electrical schematic design to clearer visualization of a network and to simplifying the communication among various experts engaged in the project.
Enhanced collaboration and accessibility – the software allows you to assign access and rights to users and enable them to just view, comment or bring in changes into the project. The projects you work on are accessible via intranet or internet and from any device due to cloud service available.
Essential tools for electrical controls design with standard based libraries included. This reduces the chance of a use error. Preview will help you to estimate and see how a chosen part will fit into the project.
New features of Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical 2016?
The Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical 2016 is chosen as #1 electric design software among millions of pro users globally. The release of 2016 is added with new features:
• project management allowing to set hierarchy of devices, access to metadata as well as surf or zoom to any device
• data export from other Autodesk products and applications
• electromechanical one design ensures simple but efficient project management, consistent view of designed project or of its part, instant synchronization of devices and projects
• electromechanical design in Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical 2016 has been enhanced and added with device organization by location, status indicators of linked issues, instant differences awareness.
The user experience has been much improved in the 2016 release of the software. Users will estimate new opportunities and features offered by the application:
• linked components and issues filtering for faster and easier access to needed items
• rating defaults are integrated
• a new parametric control editor
• circuit builder
• new idea station is now available in this release.
System requirements for Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical 2016
Most of Autodesk products are system exacting and the Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical 2016 release is not an exception. It requires:
• Windows 7/8/10
• At least AMD Athlon 64 or multicore Intel processor
• For 32-bit systems 2Gb of RAM (3Gb is recommended)
• For 64-bit systems 4Gb of RAM (8Gb is recommended)
• At least 12Gb of free space on hard disk for installation and libraries unpack.
To use the Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical 2016 for large data sets and 3D modeling the system requirements are the next:
• at least 8Gb of RAM
• additional 6Gb of space on hard disk not counting installation needs